This year, try this. Instead of giving something up or making yourself do something you don’t like, try a bit of reverse psychology.
- Drink a glass of water when you get up in the morning and before each meal. Water will make you feel “full” and flush toxins out of your system.
- Take a brisk walk with your spouse or a neighbor before supper each night because you “can” and not because you “have to”.Catching up is fun!
- Join a fitness center and go one time the first week, two times the second week, and three times the third week.Don’t pressure yourself to walk through the door 7 days a week.
- Ride a bike, walk on a treadmill or exercise on an elliptical cross-trainer.Add some three pound hand weights.Go ice skating or hike thru the woods.Don’t do the same thing every day or boredom will set in.
- Commit to losing 5 or 10 pounds this winter, not 40 or 50.Smaller increments are achievable and sustainable, and you will feel a sense of accomplishment quicker!
- If you like apples or bananas or pears, keep them on the kitchen counter to grab on the go.
- Bring your favorite leftovers to work for lunch, and choose routes that don’t include fast food drive-thru options.
- Schedule your annual physical today so that you can work on your numbers all year long.Summertime is for grilling and being outdoors, not stuck at the doctor’s office.
- Drive by the convenience store where you normally purchase cigarettes.Instead, chew a piece of gum until the urge to smoke passes.Save the money and take your family on a vacation!